Another fabulous event happening in Bendigo, with all the proceeds going to some very good local causes.
- Savoury; wholegrain mustard, olives, kasundi, preserved lemons, dukkah, spiced nuts, spiced figs, pickled plums.
- Sauce; tomato, plum.
- Pickles; green tomato, lime, eggplant.
- Chutney; mango, apricot, nectarine, tomato, lemon.
- Vinegar; raspberry, strawberry and mulberry flavoured.
- Jelly: crabapple, pomegranate, rosemary wine, mint, quince.
- Jam; apricot, plum, fig, raspberry and plum, fig and ginger, mulberry, strawberry, quince, mandarine, kiwi fruit and apple, pear and ginger.
- Marmalade; orange, 3 fruit, grapefruit, lime, cumquat.
- Savoury jam; red onion, red capsicum, tomato and chilli jam.
Christmas cakes and puddings (including a gluten-free range), shortbread, panforte, meringues, and a variety of speciality biscuits including fruit mince pies.
- red geraniums in terracotta pots (of course)
- Kitchen Garden goodies including mixed herb pots
- Succulents; a wide variety
- Topiary trees; ivy, English Box, mini fuschia, climbing geranium, maiden hair
- Herbs; many to choose from…
- Fruit trees; loquat, fig…
- Vegetables; tomatoes, chillis, eggplants,
- Berry pots; strawberry
- Various other plants in three sizes ($2, $5 and $10), as well as terracotta and ceramic pots (priced individually) that are suitable for gift-giving.
There will also be a BBQ, Devonshire tea, a raffle (not sure what the prize is), kids activities, wine tasting and music… A great day for everyone!
…and the red geranium are a not-for-profit group of lovely Bendigo people who raise money for the community. This year, money raised from the sale will go to Bendigo Health Foundation, the Encore exercise group and the Bendigo Hospice.
Last year’s sale raised an amazing $30,000 for the Maureen Considine Fund ($14,000), Bendigo Radiotherapy Group ($14,000) and Bendigo Health Foundation ($2,000).
Where? Mandurang Valley Wines 77 Fadersons Lane (off Tannery Lane)
When? 10am-3pm, Sunday 4 December 2011