Another fabulous event happening in Bendigo, with all the proceeds going to some very good local causes.
We’ll be there at 10:00am on the dot to bag some goodies, so we don’t miss out. There is even more lovely produce to choose from than previous years:
- Savoury; wholegrain mustard, olives, kasundi, preserved lemons, dukkah, spiced nuts, spiced figs, pickled plums.
- Sauce; tomato, plum.
- Pickles; green tomato, lime, eggplant.
- Chutney; mango, apricot, nectarine, tomato, lemon.
- Vinegar; raspberry balsamic, pomegranate balsamic.
- Jelly: crabapple, pomegranate, rosemary wine, mint, quince, chilli, coriander & lime.
- Jam; apricot, plum, fig, raspberry and plum, fig and ginger, mulberry, strawberry, quince, mandarine, kiwi fruit and apple, pear and ginger.
- Marmalade; orange, Seville orange, three fruit, cumquat.
- Savoury jam; red onion, red capsicum, tomato and chilli jam.
- Cordial; lemon.
Christmas cakes and puddings (including a gluten-free range), shortbread, panforte, meringues, and a variety of speciality biscuits including fruit mince pies, fig panforte, currant and cherry cakes and brazil nut cakes.
- red geraniums in terracotta pots (of course)
- Kitchen Garden goodies including mixed herb pots herb bowls that include edibles like lettuce, tomatoes, capsicum and eggplants as well as a few pretty things for some Christmas colour.
- Succulents; a wide variety
- Topiary trees; ivy, English Box, mini fuschia, climbing geranium, maiden hair
- Herbs; many to choose from…
- Fruit trees; loquat, fig…
- Vegetables; tomatoes, chillis, eggplants,
- Berry pots; strawberry
- Various other plants in three sizes ($2, $5 and $10), as well as terracotta and ceramic pots (priced individually) that are suitable for gift-giving.
There will also be a BBQ, Devonshire tea, a raffle (not sure what the prize is), kids activities, wine tasting and music… A great day for everyone!
…and the red geranium are a not-for-profit group of lovely Bendigo people who raise money for the community. In 2011, money raised from the sale went to the Bendigo Health Foundation, the Encore exercise group and the Bendigo Hospice.
The 2010 sale raised an amazing $30,000 for the Maureen Considine Fund ($14,000), Bendigo Radiotherapy Group ($14,000) and Bendigo Health Foundation ($2,000).
Where? Mandurang Valley Wines 77 Fadersons Lane (off Tannery Lane)
When? 10am-3pm, Sunday 2 December 2012
More info from the Bendigo Weekly 30Nov12.