There are some fantastic places to buy a unique and special gift for someone right here in Bendigo. Buy local and support your local business! Also see our post on food & wine gifts from the Bendigo region and Cool Gifts from Bendigo.
Many local service providers have vouchers you can give to friends, loved-ones and clients. How about:
- A Star Cinema membership or gift voucher? Membership is only $30 and you can enjoy discounts all year round! Benefits include $12 entry to most screenings.
- A day of activities at Ironbark Riding Centre – only $55.
- A subscription to everyone’s favourite, Bendigo Magazine. 4 issues for only $30.
- Bendigo Sustainability Group membership for an individual ($27.50),
family ($44) or organisation ($77+).
- $120 for 12 months green waste recycling from Greenaway Bins.
- Photographers are also happy to provide vouchers for their services. There are some very talented photographers in the region, including Red Line Studio (aka OPMI) and Embrace Images.
- A small business focussed webinar series on how to run a business and have a life. One hour a month @ $39.95 each for 6 months with Sorted 4 Life.
- Buy a voucher from View | Point Handmade (13 View Point, opposite the fountain) for some beautiful local handcrafts and art.
- Membership to the Bendigo Art Gallery (Single $35, Family $55) entitles you invitations to openings, and 10% in the Gallery shop & cafe, amongst other benefits. You can also purchase gift vouchers for the Gallery Shop.
- A Jimmy Possum Gift Voucher? With stores all around the country, it’s great for relatives who live in Melbourne or interstate – and still supports one of our great local businesses.
- Donate to a local charity?
Hair & Beauty
- A voucher from Raw Organic & Natural Beauty (454 Hargreaves Street)
- Amelia’s Hair and Beauty in (88C Victoria Street, Eaglehawk) provide gift vouchers for hair services, waxing, spray tans, artificial nails, and ‘lots of other good stuff’. Call them on 5446 7034.
Give the gift of time! Respite care vouchers are great gifts for people caring for loved ones; the elderly or those with special needs – some great local businesses are:
- Senior Helpers Central Victoria (211/266 High Street, Kangaroo Flat) 5410 0760 provides caring in-home companions, enabling those in need to stay in their own home with dedicated support.
- Locally owned and operated, Care Beyond Measure (51 Myers Street) 5444 5662. Have a chat to Sam about their gift vouchers for respite care.
Food & Wine Experiences
See our post in food & wine gifts from the Bendigo region for restaurant and cafes that have gift vouchers.
- Hut on the Hill, A luxurious Bed & Breakfast set on over 100 acres grazing land in a private location in Heathcote. Ideal for couples looking for a romantic escape.
- or purchase a gift voucher from Bendigo Accommodation for the choice of 27 properties in the area.
- Why not give your neighbours with kids a babysitting voucher – from yourself.
- Or bake a cake for a friend.
- Membership to one of our toy libraries? Out of the Box in Long Gully or the Bendigo Community Toy Library in Spring Gully.
Any more we should add?