There are some fantastic places to buy a unique and special gift for someone right here in Bendigo. Buy local and support your local retailer, baker and artisan producer.
You can’t go past the Bendigo Community Farmers’ Market. The December market on Saturday 8th, (9am-1pm) market promises to be fabulous, with local produce sold direct from the farmer/producer (it’s VFMA accredited). Make up a hamper with cheese, olives, preserved meats or buy some beautiful cherries, fruit, organic tea, or any of the wonderful fresh goodies on offer. So you don’t miss out – order your ham, lamb, beef, chicken or goat to collect at the December market – contact details are available on the BCFM website.
There are also beautiful jams, sauces, pickles, Christmas baking, and much much more at the …and the red geranium Christmas Sale on Sunday 2 December, 10-3pm. All proceeds go to charity.
Buy beautiful handmade chocolates (including a Christmas range) from Indulge Fine Belgian Chocolates (Shop 26 Fountain Court). They also have diabetic and gluten-free gifts for that special someone.
If you miss the markets, you can also buy heaps of local produce at:
- Bendigo Wholefoods (314 Lyttleton Terrace) stock a lot of stallholder produce from the Bendigo Community Farmers’ Market – and much more. Ready-made hampers too.
- Edwards Greengrocer & Deli (Shop 6, 25 -33 Blucher Street, Strathfieldsaye) also have home-made Christmas cakes, puddings and mince pies, and can also make hampers to order.
- Masons of Bendigo (25 Queen Street) have beautiful products, including those made by Chef Sonia, herself. Hampers, and vouchers too.
- Favourite Flavours (37 Mitchell Street) not only make beautiful ice-cream and gelato from local ingredients, but also have local products too – such as Michel’s Fine biscuits.
- Sim’r (236 Hargreaves Street) have hampers with local Victorian produce starting from $35.00, including products made in-house.
- The Wine Bank (45 View Street) has an enormous array of local wines at affordable prices – or better still go to straight to a local winery, if you have time.
- El Gordo (Chancery Lane) have handpicked a selection of unique, high quality, locally-made hamper fillers & stocking stuffers.
Why not ask your local restaurant or cafe if they have vouchers? Give the gift of a great night out. We know you can purchase vouchers from:
- Brewhouse Coffee Roasters (Eve Court, Golden Square) – they also have prepaid coffee cards – a great gift for the coffee drinker!
- The Whirrakee (17 View Point) 5441 5557
- Masons of Bendigo (25 Queen Street) 5443 3877
- The Dispensary Enoteca (Chancery Lane) 5444 5885
- Cambrian Hotel (200 Arnold Street) 5443 3363
- El Gordo (Chancery Lane) 0413 447 email@example.com
Do you stock local produce or know someone who should be on this list? Does your favourite Bendigo cafe sell vouchers? Let us know.