Come and visit us in Bendigo.
The people of Bendigo voted and here are the Top 3 family-friendly activities in our city:
Discovery Science & Technology Centre
7 Railway Place
Over 100 fascinating exhibits to explore, including a planetarium, vertical slide, kaleidescope and The Lab.
Curious Kids (for ages 3-5) is held at 11am on the first & third Monday of each month during school terms.
Help keep the Discovery Centre open! Pledge your support at www.chuffed.org/project/save-discovery and help spread the message that science education is a must for our region’s children.
Open daily from 10am-4pm. (Closed Christmas Day and February).
Corner Nolan & Napier Streets
Our family spends a lot of time at beautiful, picturesque Lake Weeroona. Just a 10min walk from the CBD, or a quick 5min ride on the Bendigo Creek Trail. There are lots of things to do:
- walk, jog, ride or scoot around the perimeter. You’ll need about 20mins to walk the 1.5km track.
- play on the all-ages playground
- have a bbq at one of two undercover areas or a picnic on the lawn.
- enjoy a coffee at The Boardwalk or from the Coffee Man
- treat the kids (and yourself) to an ice-cream at Bendigo’s favourite ice-cream parlour, Favourite Flavours
- watch the boats, kayaks and Dragon Boats train
- hot donuts are available most weekends
More about the history of the lake here.
Bendigo Easter Festival
Bendigo CBD, mainly around Rosalind Park
A truly family-friendly festival that has run in Bendigo for 145 years, and we think it gets better every year.
So many things to see and do, for the whole family, including:
- easter egg hunts (all day on Friday)
- an animal farm
- children’s activities, workshops and amusements
- a music festival for all ages
- art shows
- craft markets
- book fair
- a wide range of food
- historic vehicle displays (and rides around Rosalind Park on a historic fire truck)
- a HUGE parade through the streets on Bendigo on Sunday, featuring the longest Chinese dragon in the southern hemisphere.
We ran a poll last month to find out what you thought were the best family-friendly activities in Bendigo. Almost 300 people voted (thank you), and the above three activities were the winners.