Bendigo tulip facts:
- There are more than 30,000 tulip bulbs planted (each year)
- They open at varying times, from mid to late September to mid October, depending on the variety
- This year, some of the varieties on display are Antarctica, Atilla Graffiti, Strong Gold and Silentia
- Find them in both the Pall Mall gardens and Conservatory Garden
- Once the flowers have finished blooming, you can attend the annual tulip dig and purchase the bulbs for your own tulip display (in your own garden) next year.
Find out more the City’s Bendigo Tulip Brochure and how the beautiful bulbs they are attracting loads of visitors to Bendigo.
Bendigo Tourism have a photo competition on social media. Enter the #BendigoTulips photo competition by tagging your Instagram image with #BendigoTulips and #ExploreBendigo or post your entries to their Facebook event. The winner will take home a Uniquely Bendigo hamper valued over $100. The winner will be chosen on 15 October 2018 and announced on Explore Bendigo Facebook and Instagram.